We welcome enquiries from teaching and administration staff seeking a position at our college.
Applicants will be committed to the school's vision of making a positive difference for our students and are expected to play an active part in the co-curricular and professional life of the college.
English/Social Studies teacher
Fixed Term, Start date: Monday 22 July 2019
Suitable for beginning teachers
We are seeking a dynamic and inspiring teacher to join our English and/or Social Studies faculty. Successful applicants will be innovative, energetic and committed to supporting meaningful learning for all students. Actual classes to be taught will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The position is fixed term for Term 3 or by negotiation with the Principal. Should the teacher on sick leave return one month’s notice will be given.
Please send the application form with cover letter and CV to the Principal’s PA by email email@example.com.
International Student Homestay Co-ordinator and Adminstration Support
Edgewater College is seeking an experienced administrator to work 25 hours per week during school terms as International Student Homestay Co-ordinator and Administration Support.
A sensitivity to the pastoral needs of multi-cultural students who are away from their homeland and the ability to work in a highly confidential environment is essential for this role. Ideally, you will have:
- Experience and empathy with teenagers and families
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Patience, tolerance, adaptability
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office package, Word and Excel
- Ability to work flexible and/or additional hours including evenings, weekends and school holidays if needed
- First Aid certificate an advantage, or willingness to upskill in this area
- Clean Driver’s License as the role may involve transporting students
The role is 25 hours per week; approx. 15 hours in the International department and 10 hours in the Student Centre during term time with the flexibility to work additional hours when needed. Applicants must be prepared to act as an emergency contact when required.
Not your typical administration role, this opportunity will offer variety to a person who thrives in a busy environment. Applications close on Monday 24 June 2019. Please forward the application form and your CV and expression of interest to Sue Wolfgram at email firstname.lastname@example.org.